2022 is just getting started, and that makes it a great time to set your goals for the year. Over a third of all Americans have expressed a desire to have a better smile. The improvements they want to see are typically cosmetic in nature. They feel that misalignments, discolorations, chips, and even excess gum are preventing them from having their best possible smile. A smile makeover isn’t one procedure. It’s a treatment plan that addresses multiple dental concerns that are preventing you from having your best possible smile.
2022 Is Your Year For Addressing Aesthetic Dental Concerns
A Smile Makeover is a cosmetic dental treatment course that focuses on creating the perfect smile. As part of developing a smile makeover plan, your dentist will examine the aesthetic concerns that trouble you most. Some of the most common issues that are addressed during a Smile Makeover include:
• Chipped or broken teeth
• Worn enamel
• Crowded teeth
• Teeth gaps
• Discoloration or stained teeth
• Unevenly proportioned teeth
2022 can be the year that you address these and other cosmetic dental concerns. There’s more to receiving a smile makeover than mere vanity. Teeth that are crowded often create oral health concerns, including making decay more likely. Worn enamel can create dental sensitivity, while gaps in your teeth can deprive neighboring teeth of necessary support. Fixing these concerns will improve your oral health overall and make you look great.
It doesn’t stop there! Having a fantastic smile has been proven to have an impact on our lives. Your self-confidence can be impaired by a smile you aren’t proud of. If you’re working on getting a new job or move ahead in your current one, studies show that your smile has an impact. Trying to find that special someone? Many people take cues from our dental hygiene and health when sizing up the first date.
Needless to say, making 2022 your best year ever is going to be easier with a smile makeover.
What Happens During a Smile Makeover?
A Smile Makeover typically involves multiple treatments to address the individual’s concerns. As each patient’s dental concerns are different, this means no two makeovers are the same. Following are some of the most frequent dental treatments included:
- Inlays and Onlays – These are a form of filling known as indirect fillings. They’re used to help restore teeth in cases of mild or moderate decay. Like fillings, they restore the function of the tooth, as well as its appearance.
- Composite Bonding – When a tooth has become decayed or damaged restoration is needed to bring out a perfect smile. Composite bonding uses tooth-colored material to help restore your smile while hiding the repairs.
- Veneers – This is a great option for addressing multiple oral health concerns simultaneously. They can address mild misalignments, chipping, discoloration, and tooth gaps all in one treatment.
You can reach out to your dental practitioner to discover more about what a Smile Makeover can do for you. With the year getting started it’s time to strike while the iron is hot and the air is cold! Make an appointment with your cosmetic specialist today!